To advance and inspire women transplant professionals and champion issues of sex and gender in transplantation.
World-wide gender equity and inclusiveness in transplantation.
STRATEGIC PILLARS & GOALS
Advancing and inspiring women transplant professionals
- Ensure equity in transplantation professional society leadership
- More women speakers in international and national meetings
- More monetary grants/ award going to women transplant professionals
- More women in the profession, connected to and supporting each other (formal and informal mentorship)
Championing issues of sex & gender in transplantation
- More money (sustainable funding) going to projects (data collection, research, education, etc.) to address issues of sex and gender
- Designated sessions on issues of sex and gender at all major national and international transplant meetings
- Double the percentage of female organ transplant recipients (especially in countries with disparities)
- Decrease disparities in the number of male and female living donors worldwide
- Achieving global diversity in reach, access and participation is essential for us to achieve our mission
- We operate as an independent initiative open to collaboration and partnership across professional societies and associations who share our mission and goals
- Advocacy, education, engagement and connection across genders, cultures and professional domains in the field of transplantation are critical to our success and impact